Welcome to Westminster Presbyterian Church in Vicksburg, Mississippi! Please feel free to explore our site and discover what we believe, how you can contact our church, what ministries we have to offer and more. We know you’ll find many reasons to come and visit us and, more importantly, you’ll find out how much God loves you.
If you are seeking a church home, if you long to understand the Scriptures better, if you need good friends who will stand by you, if you have been seeking to know Jesus’ incredible love for you, then you fit the description of those we seek to be a part of our congregation at Westminster.
Our emphasis is on the preaching of the Word, the worship of our Lord, and fellowship with one another. Our desire is to seek the Lord and His blessing and to be a blessing to others. We cordially invite you to come as fellow pilgrims with us on this journey as we seek to follow Him. We look forward to meeting you on Sunday at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
What Do We As Reformed Presbyterians Believe?
Believing the Bible to be God’s inspired, inerrant, and authoritative word, we purpose to:
- Proclaim Almighty God as the only true God and His Son, Jesus Christ, as Lord and Savior;
- Equip our members as the light and salt of the earth by preaching, teaching, nurturing, loving, discipling, and providing areas of ministry both within and beyond Westminster Presbyterian Church, Vicksburg; and
- Bring all men, women, boys and girls to a saving and loving relationship with Jesus Christ – all to the honor and glory of our Lord.
We Commit Ourselves to…
- to love one another as God loves us. John 13:35
- to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ Romans 1:14-16
- to teach the whole counsel of God Acts 20:27
- to disciple believers in the reformed faith 2 Timothy 3:16,17
- to bring into our fellowship children of believers Deuteronomy 6: 5-9, Acts 16: 34
- to equip our members for ministry (Eph 4:12) through worship, example, instruction, prayer John 4: 23-24, 2 Thessalonians 3: 7, Colossians 3:16-17, 1 Thessalonians 5: 17
- to encourage our members to commit themselves to the Lord’s service. Joshua 24:15
- to evangelize the unsaved at home and abroad. Acts 1:8